Author Topic: CWP INSTALL without MARIADB as default  (Read 150 times)

CWP INSTALL without MARIADB as default
« on: March 16, 2017, 11:35:19 PM »
Hi,
Ive found out that new installations comes with mariadb as default... is there a way that we can do a fresh install WITHOUT MARIAdB? I'have a few costumers that are not pleased with this.. is there a step by step guide to install mysql instead of mariadb or is there a way to uninstall Mariadb and install mysql 5.6 instead?

Thanks in advance.

fredo

Re: CWP INSTALL without MARIADB as default
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 03:25:31 PM »
For those who like me, needed CWP With Mysql and NOT Mariadb, I was able to do it, by using an "old" cwp-latest file that I had from a server Ive installed 3 weeks ago.. Ive just copied the file from the "old" server to the new one.. and It worked out.. unfortunatelly I dont have cwp-latest for a CentOs 7.x  Does anybody?

It would be very appreciated if cwp would offer the option to install Mysql instead of Mariadb in Centos 6.x and Centos 7.x Just like they did for Mariadb before..

could it be possible?

Thanks..

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 04:02:20 PM »
you can manually install mysql by removing mariadb

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 04:42:47 PM »
hi Sandeep!

Ive tried what was suggested in this topic.." CWP CentOS 7 installer with MySQL without MariaDB  (Read 201 times)"

but Ive made a mess! cause I did same as erntesky...
"The following command uninstall the MariaDB, but made conflicts with MySQL installer:
Code: [Select]
yum remove MariaDB MariaDB-server

This command totaly delete the MariaDB but straight killed the server: (Removed other important thinks as well...)
Code: [Select]
yum remove MariaDB MariaDB-server MariaDB-common MariaDB-shared

How I have to uninstall properly / totally MariaDB?"

so, after that I had to reinstall server... if you can provide the steps to unistall maria properly would be great..

Thnks!

« Reply #4 on: Today at 11:06:13 AM »
you can manually install mysql by removing mariadb

Not compatible!

http://prnt.sc/eolgxk , and may other errors in CWP version: 0.9.8.196  + MySQL 5.7