Author Topic: AutoSSl for www.example.com  (Read 6483 times)

AutoSSl for www.example.com
« on: August 10, 2019, 10:26:12 PM »
I have created a new account with a domain name. While i was doing that left the field untick "AutoSSL: Domain must be pointed to the server". thought I will configure after my website setup. Later I created ssl using AutoSSL in SSL Certificates manager.
Everything was fine. I didnt check for the alias.
But when I was creating .htaccess file for website then I noticed that SSL was not installed for www.
Then I checked the forum.And found that www was not pointing to the server IP in A record. Deleted the CNAME for www and created the A record. And tried to re-create the SSl via AutoSSl. But same thing happened. SSL is not installed for www.
What is the solution?

Also I have a Comodo dv SSl for www.example.com & example.com. But while generating CSR there is no instruction where to put aliases, so that CSR can be generated for www.example.com & example.com.
Any help guys?

Re: AutoSSl for www.example.com
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 10:59:38 PM »
I have this same problem. For one of my domains I forgot to create the www.DOMAIN alias when I first set it up. Now www.DOMAIN is not included in the certificate for DOMAIN and I can't figure out how to get it to be added. Where are the configuration files for autoSSL stored? It apparently is built on LetsEncrypt but the files are not in /etc/letsencrypt as expected