Author Topic: CWP serves old SSL to Outlook 2016  (Read 5438 times)

CWP serves old SSL to Outlook 2016
« on: June 11, 2019, 11:57:25 AM »
Hi!

At the domain registrar, one of my domains, mydomain.com, is pointing correctly to my CWP Panel Pro server's IP.

My old SSL for the subdomain xxx.mydomain.com expired a couple of days ago. It did not renewed automatically. I go to CWP>AutoSSL and renewed it. It renewed successfully. But still when starting Outlook 2016, Outlook will warn me the SSL is expired. Also, my server which is at xxx.mydomain.com is not under HTTPS anymore.

Steps I did:
1. I deleted the AutoSSL certificate from CWP and reinstalled it from scratch and rebooted the server
2. I deleted all the Let's Encrypt SSL certs from my Windows 10 PC
3. I deleted all the Let's Encrypt SSL certs from my browsers
4. I erased Outlook 2016 cache
5.  I flushed my Windows 10 DNS cache resolver

Seems like the issue is not with my PC but with the CWP server. Every time I boot Outlook 2016 it will show me the warning that the SSL at the server is expired.

Please, CWP Pro people, let me know how to fix this issue.

Rgs

IM

Re: CWP serves old SSL to Outlook 2016
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 01:48:16 PM »
You need to restart all mail server components for the new SSL certificates to be loaded. CWP > Email > MailServer Manager > Restart All Mail Server Services.

I've been doing this every 90 days when my LetsEncrypt certificates get renewed, because the renewal script doesn't restart the mail servers which also use those certificates.

Re: CWP serves old SSL to Outlook 2016
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 08:31:21 PM »
@puterfixer thank you. I restarted All Mailserver Services, but no joy. Outlook still warns the SSL certificate expired on 8th June. Please, any ideas?
Edit: after rebuilding the Email Server, the AutoSSL will work. Issue solved, but...man...SSL should renew without any need to rebuild the email server...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 08:46:22 PM by itmonitor »