Author Topic: is there a way to autoinstall ssl certificates  (Read 6372 times)

is there a way to autoinstall ssl certificates
« on: September 02, 2019, 04:43:49 PM »
Hi

I setup a pro cwp7 vps and added some accounts, but it seems we have to add the ssl certificates manually for each domain, is there the option to do it automatically?

Thanks

Re: is there a way to autoinstall ssl certificates
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 10:33:27 AM »
Is it letsencrypt or some custom SSL?

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 04:51:33 PM »
we want to use letsencrypt

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 03:09:40 PM »
Hi Visio,

You can use the built-in tool AutoSSL to apply a Let's Encrypt certificate to each domain/subdomain.

Regards.

Louis

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 04:43:00 PM »
 Except that the automatic renewal function is not working properly and in 3 months time you will have to manually click on the renewal button to update the certificate. The CWP workaround methods I have read for this are so bizarre even I (with 6 years experience in web servers) cannot make sense of it!

Honestly, I don't understand how CWP could make such a simple process so damned impossible...one method even talks about rebooting the server for SSL updates....why this has nothing to do with ssl. Imagine a server with 100 users on it, are they all going to reboot bloody server every time they want to update SSL cert?

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 12:14:10 PM »
I have exactly the same problem, and have had the problem for 2 years or more, my solution is to manually renew. it seems to be the only way to realistically do it.