Author Topic: SSL On Hostname?  (Read 13390 times)

SSL On Hostname?
« on: February 20, 2017, 10:30:43 AM »
How do you add an SSL on hostname for Centos 7 please?

Re: SSL On Hostname?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 01:09:10 PM »
Thanks but for step 3  /usr/local/cwpsrv/conf.d/ and edit cwp-ssl.conf

cwp-ssl.conf is not there!

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 04:38:10 PM »
How do you add an SSL on hostname for Centos 7 please?

Just install Let's encrypt in your browser, you will automatically have SSL access to hostname

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 12:16:19 AM »
I've ran into this same issue that cwp-ssl.conf not existing and any changes made to a file created with that name leads to a CWP startup error.  At first glance it appears that CWP.admin and CWP7.admin require different methods of setup for SSL use on the hostname (server).

I was able to create the virtual host and confirm 443 functionality, it was the attempt to setup port 2031 that lead to CWP failing to restart. 

In fact, I've made a post on this exact topic, in search of answers as well.

Thanks!

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 03:44:08 PM »
Guide for setting up ssl on centos web panel:

Add a special user to the system, per example systemdomains
add the domainname to the system for that user, per example. hosting.xxx.com if thats your hostname
(if u use the other ways of adding the domain to the system u might run into problems later and be less flexible)

Go to xxx.com/index.php?module=letsencrypt and install Lets Encrypt

If this domain is the only one for this account systemdomains >> Install the new cert for the account systemdomains (as configured before)
if the account has more then one domain (u added via Domains >> add domain menu) then Install the new cert via  Install Letsencrypt for Addon Domain function (as configured before)

Done