Author Topic: Please do not update my cwp without my consent  (Read 45805 times)

Please do not update my cwp without my consent
« on: September 10, 2019, 09:38:22 AM »
I need to have an option to choose . today I noticed mine was updated without my consent

Re: Please do not update my cwp without my consent
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 03:57:40 PM »
Currently there is no choice on auto updates. You can't stop the auto updates.

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 05:47:10 PM »
I need to have an option to choose . today I noticed mine was updated without my consent

I agree +1..

these updates often break things..

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 07:43:52 PM »
I agree +1

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 07:46:54 PM »
After update CWP not work UserPanel !!!

Why?????

Now CWPpro version: 0.9.8.885

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 08:02:46 PM »
Now available CWPpro version: 0.9.8.886.

After update CWP Panel blank page !!!!

USer Panel blank Page !!!!

ATTENTION !!!! DO NOT UPDATE CWP NEW Version !!!!

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 08:58:52 PM »
OK now I am starting to feel not secure ,

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 02:24:18 AM »
My 2 cents, Revert back to php 7.2.18 (for both user and cwp) the most stable php version. I am using this on my production and uptime of my server has crossed 100 days with zero downtime. Experimenting with bleeding edge php can lead to all sorts of unwanted errors for which we all keep on blaming the cwp team. Best way is to get the server stable and not keep on playing with it unless you have a free server to play with.

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 11:07:35 AM »
My 2 cents, Revert back to php 7.2.18 (for both user and cwp) the most stable php version. I am using this on my production and uptime of my server has crossed 100 days with zero downtime. Experimenting with bleeding edge php can lead to all sorts of unwanted errors for which we all keep on blaming the cwp team. Best way is to get the server stable and not keep on playing with it unless you have a free server to play with.

Where do you see anyone talking about PHP issues? Or PHP causing their control panel any issues?

The request is for the control panel not to be auto updated. When it is, the PHP version the user has selected doesn't change, but the autoupdate can cause problems in various areas of the control panel.

So your comments are not on point with the topic.

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 05:16:13 PM »
PHP is just used as an example. It could be any of the latest upgrades. Since CWP runs using PHP, the php version of the CWP install is quite important. I have been getting updates every day without any issue as reported by many users on many threads. So AUTO-UPDATE of CWP is definitely not a culprit for breaking things in my opinion.

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2019, 10:51:35 PM »
PHP is just used as an example. It could be any of the latest upgrades. Since CWP runs using PHP, the php version of the CWP install is quite important. I have been getting updates every day without any issue as reported by many users on many threads. So AUTO-UPDATE of CWP is definitely not a culprit for breaking things in my opinion.

Pretty difficult to know what you're on about. Yes PHP is important but no ones talking about it and no ones talking about an update broke anything, not sure where you came up with that or why you have made an issue of something that's not even an issue. The point is "in case an update can become an issue" "hypothetical" "the unknown"

Not everyone's systems are configured the same so it makes a lot more sense to actually have a choice so server admins don't go to sleep, wake up find out an update happened and it messed up their setup.

If you want to have automated updates then that's should be up to the server admin.

Strange a simple concept of choice raises so much anxiety

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2019, 11:38:36 PM »
+1

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2019, 03:29:17 PM »
i run this little script, it 'disables' auto updates, (via simply renaming the cron.php) ~ unfortunately you cant EDIT files much in CWP (bc of IONCUBE).
but i run this, and wait for updates to post, (it shows in the Panel that ones available still),  and just run it (soon) after i verify its a good update.. via the forums..  i would caution, as mentioned before, auto update CWP is *very important*, as if you 'skip' them for a long time, it does *not* progress through versions.. ie; it will take you from whichever version you are on to the current version.. SKIPPING altogether some things that could break if you haven't kept up.. unlike Kernels, it doesnt 'STEP' you to the latest.. thus, why i still run updates, just not when CWP chooses. i can wait (usually up to 3 days).  I also made a 'backup' of the original "cron.php" (cron.php_bu) just for sanity.  the script just copies/moves it over to cron.php_ then back again, then runs the update..

just a word.  here it is that i made.

feel free to change it.  but it works well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mv /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/admin/include/cron.php_ /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/admin/include/cron.php &&
echo "CWP AutoUpdate is now ON."
sleep 3
echo "Performing CWP Auto Update now."
sh /scripts/update_cwp &&
echo "Done. with CWP update."
sleep 2
echo "Turning Auto Update back OFF."
mv /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/admin/include/cron.php /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/admin/include/cron.php_ &&
echo "CWP Auto Update is now OFF again."
sleep 3
echo "Finished."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this solves/helps some..
Again though, i cant stress enough, you *must* keep up on the updates.. at least within a couple/few days..
otherwise, yes, turning them OFF, waiting like a month or few.. Would most likely "break" your server...
so, just run it after checking here would be my advice.

It would be nice/great to have a complete! and UpToDate "CHANGELOG" POSTED/POPUP BEFORE updating though..
hopefully, sometime soon.
Cheers.
X

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2019, 06:58:55 AM »
+1

I can no longer login to my control panel / 502 bad gateway on login page.

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2019, 07:31:16 AM »
+1

I can no longer login to my control panel / 502 bad gateway on login page.
last update kills whole server and php permissions so all websites are down...