Author Topic: Cpanel migration doesn´t restore users,domains,etc.  (Read 13694 times)

Cpanel migration doesn´t restore users,domains,etc.
« on: August 06, 2015, 10:29:02 AM »
Today I installed the panel and uploaded a cpmove file to /home. Then I used the cpanel migration tool and after unpacking it, it showed some fields to add a user account, then filled out the fields with the same info as the cpmove filename and expected all content of the cpmove file to be unpacked to /home/USERaccount - I also marked the optionsfields to restore email accounts and mysql accounts, then hit the button 'restore'

Only thing that happened was that the /home/USER account was created, nothing was restored, no email was restored, no mysql was restored...

A new folder called backup-xxx-xxx-xxx-tar.gz was created and in here all data was unpacked, but everything was just unpacked and not restored in domains, dns, mysql,email etc. although selected upon start of restoring... >:(

Either the cpmove restore doesn´t work or I might have done something wrong - any suggestions is welcome.

UPDATED:

After having spent a lot of time testing different options, I found that the advise to rename the backup file to 'cpmove-' is NOT correct.

If the backup is called eg. backup-2015-08-15-18-02-01.username.tar.gz then LEAVE the name as is and start restoring with THAT name - this way it seems to be almost a correct restore that is the endresult...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 11:54:00 AM by muscator »

Re: Cpanel migration doesn´t restore users,domains,etc.
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 12:28:23 AM »
I can confirm this is still the case.
If you change the name of the archive per the instructions given in CWP it does not work, and no files are actually copied into the user folder.
If you leave the default backup name given by cPanel then it works fine, although I have had to use the fix permissions option once the migration is complete, also.

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 10:14:59 PM »
FINALLY.

I can confirm this. This is working.

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 10:46:28 AM »
Im having same issue. I left cpanel back name backup.xxx..xxx.xx_user
But it still creates a empty user with the bkacup file restored to its own dir