Author Topic: Installation of new CWP failed cwp-el7-0.9.8.595  (Read 8296 times)

Installation of new CWP failed cwp-el7-0.9.8.595
« on: April 12, 2018, 04:31:53 AM »
Hi,

I tried to install cwp-el7-0.9.8.595 (from http://centos-webpanel.com/cwp-el7-latest) on a fresh installed Centos7, and it stops here for more than 1hr.  Thanks for any suggestion

‘/etc/csf/csfwebmin.tgz’ -> ‘/usr/local/csf/csfwebmin.tgz’

Installation Completed

Flushing chain `INPUT'
Flushing chain `FORWARD'
Flushing chain `OUTPUT'
Flushing chain `PREROUTING'
Flushing chain `INPUT'
Flushing chain `OUTPUT'
Flushing chain `POSTROUTING'
Flushing chain `OUTPUT'
Flushing chain `INPUT'
Flushing chain `FORWARD'
Flushing chain `OUTPUT'
Flushing chain `INPUT'
Flushing chain `FORWARD'
Flushing chain `OUTPUT'
Flushing chain `INPUT'
Flushing chain `OUTPUT'
Flushing chain `OUTPUT'
Flushing chain `INPUT'
Flushing chain `FORWARD'
Flushing chain `OUTPUT'
csf and lfd have been disabled

Re: Installation of new CWP failed cwp-el7-0.9.8.595
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 01:51:08 AM »
I'm having this problem too.... There appears to be something wrong with access to MariaDB which snags the install.

I've raised it with support.

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 08:13:55 AM »
I am freelancer and I have installed CWP more than 500 times and this only happens when CWP required ports are not opened in the firewall.

Like I forgot to enable 2031, 2030, 21, 2083, 2082, 2304, 443, 80, etc.. ports in firewall and this happened.

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 12:27:00 PM »
I am freelancer and I have installed CWP more than 500 times and this only happens when CWP required ports are not opened in the firewall.

Like I forgot to enable 2031, 2030, 21, 2083, 2082, 2304, 443, 80, etc.. ports in firewall and this happened.

how to enable thats port

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 03:44:36 AM »

how to enable thats port

Who is your server provider and you are using centos 6 or centos 7?

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 11:24:56 AM »
installation doesn't require any custom ports, it needs only default 80 and 443 to get all packages installed.

this can be related with some other download, try to check with "ps auxf" command what the installer is doing when the installed doesn't end.

VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 04:54:22 PM »
To the OP.. That has happened to me *a lot* , hence i too have literally installed CWP-latest/Centos7 even more than 500 times.. like you.

It is very frustrating, to say the least.  when i (or it.) does manage to install correctly, i make a quick backup (using tar)..
then start 'using it', once i get everything set and working (phase #2), i remake the backup, (again using tar).. and keep repeating that.

once it is all updated and 'working', which usually takes hours, if not DAYS to 'figure out'. .  i repeat the backup AGAIN.
sometimes storing it on two seperate (external) devices.. i really wish that CWP/Centos would install correctly (the first time).
of course.

I make notes on each step i have to 'fix' as i go along.. ie; MariaDB is never properly setup, etc..

**THE FIX (for mine anyways)**

Has been:

AFTER you install a clean CWP-Latest/Centos7, DO_NOT do a YUM UPDATE..  just yet.
*that seems to have been the 'problem'* . . I setup MariaDB correctly with root login and pass (etc).
(usually not too hard).. check it, log in to it, log out..

THEN Install cwp-el7-latest.sh
SO FAR it has been much easier to configure a working server (doing the CWP_install BEFORE the Yum Update on a new install!)

sorry, but i hope it helps..
Cheers.
X