Author Topic: DNS or Nameserver  (Read 6457 times)

DNS or Nameserver
« on: March 29, 2019, 04:05:42 PM »
I have domain hosting-s.net, I always did that with my domain registrar I set DNS for her ns1.hosting-ns.net and ns2.hosting-ns.net, and in the CWP panel I set nameserver ns1.hosting-ns.net and ns2. hosting-ns.net and I added my public IP, now also yes I have done but I do not want to act ns1, and ns2 indicate some other address, do I need to register the domain for example ns1.hosting-ns.net and ns2.hosting-ns.net
I am asking for help, I want to put my programming server

Re: DNS or Nameserver
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 09:50:04 PM »
Is not possible to anyone, not yourself, to register a domain 'ns1.hosting-ns.net' or 'ns2.hosting-ns.net' because is not a tld (top level domain).
The tld domain is: 'hosting-ns.net'.
Is possible only to you configure it in your DNS server, and to point ns1 or ns2 to yours or another server, if desired.

Or I did not understand your question .. ??

Regards,
Netino

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 10:31:01 AM »
I have a hosting-s.net domain that has ns1.hosting-ns.net and ns2.hosting-ns.net set up
I also have set revDNS for ip addresses but something does not work because it does not go to the site at all

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 09:25:08 PM »
you can use this site for dns testing

http://leafdns.com/index.cgi?testid=80184A94
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 07:23:48 PM »
I may be misunderstanding...

When you setup nameserver you also need to do the following

1. Setup a record at nameserver registrar pointing to each nameserver IP address
2. Register each nameserver with a glue record that identifies it as a nameserver on the worldwide dns network

You must fulfill both of the requirement above or nameserver dns won't work.

Do a Google search for glue records...your domain registrar should also have documentation on setting up glue records.