Author Topic: Roundcube - Database error connection failed  (Read 19724 times)

Roundcube - Database error connection failed
« on: October 07, 2016, 08:54:04 PM »
Hi dear, I am very upset due to problem facing in CWP, and not yet found any solution from last week, so at the end i am posting this thread/topic here, if no one are able to help me then I uninstall the CWP (the fucking control panel in the world), and adopt the other free ones, because its my first time to install this control panel and its last time also.

I am facing "Roundcube - Database error connection failed", i tried many method e.g. change the roundcube config file, actually mysql is running fine and the database of the roundcube is also there, but roundcube is not working. and one important thing is that all the emails are stuck in the mail queue manager, and not send. I dont know whats the problem is actually.

Please help me in this matter.

Re: Roundcube - Database error connection failed
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 06:47:47 PM »
Hello,

I have same problem, I follow this topic.

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 12:43:18 AM »
Hi dear, I am very upset due to problem facing in CWP, and not yet found any solution from last week, so at the end i am posting this thread/topic here, if no one are able to help me then I uninstall the CWP (the fucking control panel in the world), and adopt the other free ones, because its my first time to install this control panel and its last time also.

I am facing "Roundcube - Database error connection failed", i tried many method e.g. change the roundcube config file, actually mysql is running fine and the database of the roundcube is also there, but roundcube is not working. and one important thing is that all the emails are stuck in the mail queue manager, and not send. I dont know whats the problem is actually.

Please help me in this matter.

Can you post your error?

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 12:42:55 PM »
Hi faisal. You must create a user for roundcube database,  give that privileges. Then go to /usr/local/apache/htdocs/roundcube/config/config.inc.php and change  this line

$config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://your_username_that_you_create_for_your_database_roundcube:your_password@127.0.0.1/roundcube';

I had the same problem, I solve it with this methode. Let me know if this method solves your problem

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 08:02:47 PM »
Hello,

I have same problem, I follow this topic.

same problems +1

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 03:00:29 PM »
+1

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 05:39:31 PM »
so i was checking some of your posts you like to install from repositories but admins keep telling around that everything is installed from source in cwp. I m using this panel almost 2 years I think and never did not show any but except when I fucked up something...

show some respect and logs please db could not disappear just like that...

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 10:17:17 PM »
Hello,

Roundcube is only web mail.. there is some work around to get webmail working

- Try to upgrade roundcube to latest version, you can find how to this in this forum..

- Try to install new roundcube in different folder, /usr/local/apache/htdocs/roundcubenew for example. change redirect /webmail and /roundcube to this new folder. you can keep old rouncdcube folder.

- Install roundcube in client/user home folder, ex : /home/thismine/public_html/roundcube

- last, easiest and no need to dealt with database, install rainloop/webmaillite, you can install it inside /usr/local/apache/htdocs/ or user home folder

I hope, this can give you an idea how solve your problem

« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 10:22:48 PM by Jae »

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 07:54:49 AM »
Why a roundcube link if that dont work???
Je parle français ''Made in Québec'', sometime Alien :-) and I try to perform my english. I learn by myself for fun & curiosity. Hope I can help you & you can help me.

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2017, 05:47:43 PM »
This is not roundcube instalation folder in CWP 6
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/roundcube

becouse I deleted roundcube folder and still get error:

DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!

Unable to connect to the database!
Please contact your server-administrator.

In CWP 6 roundcube is here:
/usr/local/cwpsrv/var/services/roundcube

« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 06:04:14 PM by become »

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2024, 06:53:55 PM »
I do not use roundcube but it has been installed by default and backup jobs will include it's db,
which does not exist for some reason, by default and generates errors.

I do however see a roundcube user grants in the list of db users.

Even removing the program will not remove the generated scripts in backup for things that never installed fully.

But this is an annoying error. One of many with no direction to fix and exploding my logs.

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2024, 07:44:50 PM »
Create a dummy DB if you don't use it. I personally leave the default kit in place if I don't make use of some facility -- best practice so you don't break CWP if it expects something by default.

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2024, 09:03:15 PM »
Just curious why a thread from 2016/2017 with CentOS & CWP 6 got revived.

If someone it still trying to use this combo, is probably why the problems, instead of 8.