Author Topic: Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) - Google Authenticator for phpMyAdmin !  (Read 9156 times)

Hi,

First of all i wish to congratulate all the programmers of both CWP (Centos Web Panel) and CWP (Centos Web Panel) PRO for the excellent work they do and for the excellent product they have created, truly excellent from all points of view.

Having said that, i ask you to consider from your next CWP (Centos Web Panel) and CWP (Centos Web Panel) PRO update the default implementation of this phpMyAdmin function Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) - Google Authenticator as described on the phpMyAdmin official website at this link https://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/latest/two_factor.html obviously it's a function of phpMyAdmin available from version 4.8.0 of phpMyAdmin, obviously then those who want to use it will do so and those who do not want to use it will not use it.

I know you are always very busy developing CWP but i hope you can consider this suggestion of mine which i believe would be appreciated by all users of CWP (Centos Web Panel) and CWP (Centos Web Panel) PRO !

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 02:02:39 AM by Automata »

« Stay hungry, stay foolish. »

Thanks very much.

suggestion well noted

yes +1...definately do this...i use it in Webmin/Virtualmin and also enforce it on all my users on that system. Its a brilliant idea.

I bought a yubikey for $45.  Total waste of money.  No support, works with win7&8,  doesnt work with win10, and I cant get it to work with shell centos7.    Complete waste of good money.

Yubico closed the forum down,  probably too many public problems that they didnt want floating on the internet.  Bad publicity.

Thanks very much.

suggestion well noted

Hi "evansa" and thanks for the support !

« Stay hungry, stay foolish. »

Again, nothing happened here. Just a black hole.

It's not high on my priority list. If the devs were interested in a poll or vote amongst users as to what priorities matter, this is not one of them.